hourglass veil translucent setting powder review




You know Rihanna’s song where she sings “shine bright like a diamond”? I can relate; it's how I feel when I don’t set my makeup with powder. I definitely shine bright, only it's not in areas that you would want to shine. I shine on my forehead and my nose, thanks to my oily t-zone! 

Today I have a very hyped up product from Hourglass on review – the Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder, which I'm hoping will cure my oily areas and keep my makeup set and in place to conquer the day. I have been a fan of hourglass products for a long time and cannot say enough positive things about their blushes (my review here). So naturally, I was excited to try out one of their newest products, the Veil Translucent Setting Powder.

What does it do?
This setting powder is an ultra-refined powder with light-reflecting particles to help blur skin imperfections like fine lines, wrinkles and the appearance of pores. The powder is infused with diamond powder which provides light refraction without flashback while helping to set makeup for long wear.


Packaging
The packaging is consistent with other Veil products, with a frosted glass container and a glossy bronzed lid. The bronzed lid, like other hourglass products will leave fingerprints on it but it’s not a deal breaker. The sifter has a gold “H” and unique custom cap that allows for the perfect amount of product to be dispensed. The sifter is super luxe and the cap is what really sold me.


Product
The powder is 100% talc-free and feels extremely silky on skin. Although it is a translucent powder, it does have a yellow hue to it.  The powder is finely milled and does not look cakey when applied. Setting with this powder is quick and easy. It provides a hint of luminosity, thanks to the diamond powder but not so luminous that you look oily.


2 week thoughts + Verdict
I really like the finish of this powder. It provides a nice natural look that isn’t too matte nor too dewy, it’s just right. This would work for almost all skin types, however, I feel people with drier skin will appreciate this more than those with oily skin. I did find that it masked my pores better than other setting powders and didn’t feel heavy or greasy throughout the day. Ironically, the main reason I picked this up was for the custom cap and sifter but in the end, it became my least favourite thing about this product. The first few taps to the bottom of the container and a small amount of product will come out, however, one extra  tap to the bottom and you’ll be stuck with a ton of product and no flush/flat lid to work with.

Aside from the extra product (I’ll brush this off as a user problem), the powder itself is lovely. True to the Hourglass brand, they have yet again mastered a finely milled powder that blurs skin and keeps makeup in place throughout the day. Overall, I’m happy with this purchase!

Will you be trying this powder out? 
Let's be (insta)friends @christinekozov

12 comments

  1. I order this from Nordstroms and it just arrived today. I am really looking forward to trying it. I have never been disappointed by an Hourglass product and their blush is amazing. I totally agree! Their Ambient Lighting Powder has been in my must have stash since the time it was released. I started using the brand really early on when it first arrived in Sephora. I even hesitated to purchase it because I wasn't familiar with the name. Years later...... Everyone knows and loves them!

    xox Janine
    http://abeautifulwhim.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh you have got me so tempted to try this powder. I do love my Chanel loose powder and have yet to find anything that beats that but that said Hourglass is a fab brand and I would love to give this a whirl x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I don't actually use a powder but your most definitely selling this one to me!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read amazing reviews on this powder and yes, it's in my list to buy too. I did read about drier and normal skin lovelies might enjoy this the best. Great review!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any products from Hourglass before, but this sounds lovely! xx

    https://aimeelillx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sound of this and I love the facts it's got a yellow tone to it as this just adds a vibrancy and a glow to skin - will definitely check this out! :)

    Layla x

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great powder!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need this powder in my life. Sounds like it will be great for my dry skin.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to try this one. I'm a big fan of natural look, and I love that it's somewhere between matte and dewy. Sounds like a really good quality product! Thanks for sharing this dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so dying to try this powder. It sounds amazing and the packaging is beautiful xx

    Gemma Etc. ❤️

    ReplyDelete